You’re invited to a lecture on Bipolar Disorder that is destined to fix a lot of broken lives.
Where: Commerce Lexington, 330 E. Main, Lexington, KY
When: Tuesday, June 18, 5:30 p.m. (refreshments will be served)
Dr. Charles Bowden, world-renowned professor and researcher in mood and anxiety disorders, will discuss problems with current approaches and how KIOS can help.
Dr. Bowden is among the most seminal contributors to research methodologies for clinical research in bipolar disorder over the past quarter century. Dr. Bowden is the only scientist to receive the top three national awards for mood disorder research-the Gerald L. Klerman Award of Depressive and Bipolar Support Alliance (2000); the NAMI Mind of American Scientific Research Award (2006); and the Falcone Prize for Outstanding Research in Mood Disorders (2008).
Why should you attend?
Because you can’t fix something if you don’t know what part is broken.
That’s one of the key reasons why we created KIOS Analytics. We saw the real need for an
innovative software platform that tracks changes in chronic diseases like Bipolar Disorder.
KIOS’ unique algorithm allows you to track multiple interactions concurrently. You can easily answer the three questions inherent in evaluating any chronic disease: Is it getting better? Is it getting worse? Is it staying the same? When you use KIOS, the effects of treatment can be revealed with a level of precision that’s simply not possible with traditional statistical techniques.
Kios is based on a pretty simple—but not simplistic—concept:
When you know more about what’s going wrong,
you’ll know more about how to make it go right.
What can it do? How can it help? Who can use it?
• KIOS can deliver empirically-based expert advice to clinicians which is based on the specific characteristics of the individual patient.
• KIOS allows patients to be directly involved in their own treatment, because it connects their daily behaviors with the direct impacts on their own health. In other words, it can serve as a mobile patient-empowering expert system.
• KIOS allows clinicians to see the daily variations in their patients’ lives that would otherwise be lost between visits.
• KIOS links evidence-based interventions at critical points in the course of treatment to serve the real-time needs of patients, physicians, and caregivers.
• KIOS can be used as a research tool to create new outcome measures and analytics.
If knowledge is power, then guessing is weakness.
KIOS Analytics is designed to effectively reduce—even eliminate—the guesswork.
It’s all about solving critical problems in today’s healthcare.
It’s understanding that knowing is more productive, positive, and life-changing than not knowing.